Front Desk Specialist
Purpose: The position of Front Desk Specialist serves as the receptionist for Lacey Veterans Services Hub, supporting the organization’s mission of helping veterans and their families. The Front Desk Specialist represents the organization to the public who visit or contact the organization’s main offices Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Front Desk Specialist answers the main phone line and directs calls
- Greets guests and directs them to Hub offices or locations
- Answers questions about the Hub and provides forms when necessary
- Makes reminder phone calls to other volunteers who are assigned to projects for the following day
- Opens the mail and distributes it
- Records donations that come in and enters them in the database
- Helps prepare bulk mailings
- Prepares correspondence as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Purpose: The position of Outreach Specialist serves as the presence of The Lacey Veterans Services Hub at community events. Outreach Specialists have dual roles in these events, engaging community members to support the Hub as well as connecting Veterans and their families to the Hub and the services coordinated through it. The Outreach Specialist represents the organization to the public who attend community events, local fairs, and town gatherings.
- Participate in community/local neighborhood events
- Stay up-to-date on the variety of services and opportunities in Thurston County
- Help other volunteers or the Manager with set up and tear down of the event
- Answer questions regarding Veterans Services and Veterans Empowerment from the community
- Work with the Manger and Event Captains to assist in planning and preparation of events in the community
Veterans Resource Navigator
Purpose: The Position of the Veterans Resource Navigator is to assist veterans and their families to greater stability through detailed navigation of resources in the 5 pillars of the Hub: Housing, Healthcare, Education, Employment and Community. Veteran Resource Navigators are the primary contact with Veterans and Their Families when first visiting the Hub.
- The Navigator is knowledgeable of Veterans and Community resources to help Veteran Households gain greater stability.
- The Navigator is an active listener who can perform motivational interviewing.
- The Navigator acts as a liaison between service providers and Veterans Households.
- The Navigator documents basic information, and LOAD plans with Veterans Households.
- The Navigator records new pathways to stability so other can utilize them.
- The Navigator is willing to learn new skills and adapt to Veteran’s Needs.
- The Navigator assists Veteran Households with basic documentation that is needed for referrals to service providers.
- The Navigator documents referrals to service providers and referral outcomes
- Other duties as assigned.